Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chicken Butchering

*note*
for those of my readers (ahem Aunt Carolyn) who are slightly weak of stomach, I did change some of these pictures to black and white. viewer discretion is advised.
*end note*


the set up

Libby catching the big fats chickens

the chicken transportation mobile

the killing grounds

the whole layout

Logan was in charge of the butchering/hanging process
notice his fancy knife sheath :)

Naomi and Caleb Byler were the pluckers

We stored up all the chicken feet for Caleb's Grandpa you can find that story at http://amadaamandajoy.blogspot.com/


Aaron and I did the gutting part

Naomi removing the last little feathers



Naomi, Libby and I took them in the house
and finished prepping them for the freezer.


2 comments:

  1. wow...those are some plump chickens....I wish I had known you were butchering....I have several old hens who are not laying that I want to convert to dog food.

    Thanks for the black and white option.

    ReplyDelete