Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New Front Door

Saturday we had a project day out our house. LOTS of work got done! Once Josh's project was finished he asked if Logan wanted to help put in the front door....Josh said I would get everything we needed. I quickly found the shims, exterior screws, caulk, etc.


old door

tear out

installation

new door
While Josh and Logan went and got some door trim, Brian and Dad figured out how to put the door knob and dead bolt in properly. I was super glad for that, because I don't really like doing door knobs.

p.s. When I got home from work last night, Josh had painted the trim....so I now need an updated picture!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you. Improves the look of the entire house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door is a great new addition. It is satisfying work to take on a home improvement project. I have noticed that some people get overwhelmed and pay someone else to do the renovation for them. That is a fine route to take, but I really appreciate the initiative and persistence it takes complete the job yourself. Also, great photos!

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your new door makes it look like you have a whole new house. Very nice! ...Uncle Keith

    ReplyDelete