Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Blankets

This year I combined a few of my passions: sewing, crocheting, knitting, giving gifts, and old people. For months I've been working on making 20 blankets to take to "my-people." During my break time on Christmas Eve, I got a cart and loaded it up. Then I went up and down my hall giving personalized blankets to each of my people.
December 23rd addition
One lady couldn't stop smiling.


One lady told everybody that she had made this blanket for Betsy. When they explained to her that Betsy made it for her and showed her the name tag I sewed into it she responded, "I put that there so she would know that I made it for her."


Finally all done and labeled.
One lady told the CENA to go hide it in her room, she didn't want anyone else to take it.


It was such a delight for me to see my people opening Christmas gifts that I had made especially for them. I don't know if I told you or not, but I love Christmas. And this was one of the best ones I've had.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully warm gift you have given your residents....not just the blankets....your care for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! that is so fun! So glad you put the time and effort into such wonderful gifts.

    Glad you had a happy Christmas. me too :)

    ReplyDelete