Monday, August 11, 2014

Not Fishing

Last week Josh and I went fishing, but not for fish.

One of the sports Josh has introduced me to is disc golf. You have flat frisbees that you throw into metal baskets (called pins.) The basic idea is to get your disc into the basket (called a hole) in three (or fewer) throws. The theory of the game is simple. The learning of it is not. As you can imagine, my normal is about six throws to Josh's three!

Anyway, all that to say discs are important to Josh. When I was kayaking near the Midland course I found a disc that is old and rare. According to e-bay similar discs have been sold for $50 to $150 dollars!

After making that discovery Josh has been excited to go kayaking with me. It really turned more into a fishing excursion, but still it was kayaks in water. That made it fun for me.

We have only found one other disc so far. It still had its $7.99 price tag on it. But I think we’ll keep fishing.  








Oh. Amy says that picking water lilies is against the rules. Something about them being endangered. Please don't turn me in. I was in blissful ignorance when I picked these fun flowers.


3 comments:

  1. I think that may be an urban myth--maybe invented by camp counselors to keep us from the edges of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fishing for frisbees, I wonder if you have to have a license for that?

    Jay's son Tim plays frisbee golf weekly and it's a fairly regular item on the schedule when we get together (although I haven't taken a shot at it yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should try sometime. if you're anything like me, it would be free entertainment for the guys at least:) tell them you want to play "best-disc." That a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete