Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Several years ago I learned about the story of a man we call St. Patrick. He was stolen from his home, taken across the ocean and forced to be a shepherd slave by the barbaric Irish. After a few dreadful years, he had a vision of a boat. He ran away, found the boat of his vision and escaped to his homeland. There he studied in the Catholic church for years and years. Once he became a bishop he wanted to go back to Ireland and witness to the heathens who were steeped in superstition. Despite the lack of a sending church, he went, and made a HUGE impact.





I'm so inspired by his story, that I enjoy wearing my stripped St. Patrick's Day socks all year, just to remind myself to be determined to see the gospel proclaimed in all nations.

Here is a link to more than just my story 
ww.crossway.org/blog/2011/03/the-life-and-mission-of-st-patrick/

No comments:

Post a Comment