Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just like a farmer

Monday was Brian's last day off from school. He decided to take advantage of it by going up to Clare. We dropped off the little billy goat at the auction and then looked around at the animals of the day. 

waiting in line
checking out the animals from the loft

cute calves

JW ready for the auction ring
On the way home, we came through Sanford and saw a HUGE cloud of black smoke. When we looked across the lake we could see that a house was totally engulfed in flames. The firehouse was just across the lake from the fire. Just as we were going by it the fire trucks were headed out. We took a side street and looked across the lake. It was horrible. At first it looked like a two story house, but by the time we left, there was no house left. As I watched the smoke I could almost smell, taste and feel it in my throat and lungs. Oh those poor people.

house over Sanford Lake

p.s. this is a new way for me to post a video. let me know if you can/can't view it

3 comments:

  1. video worked...please update when you find out more about the family so we can pray more specifically.

    PS: Happy Back to School Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. video worked. How can I post one for you?? I have some of singing that I want to share.

    ReplyDelete