Monday, January 21, 2013

Missing Julie


I miss my sister.


I miss hearing her tell the zucchini bread joke
I miss having sleep overs with her
I miss setting a place for her at Sunday dinner
I miss late night back scratches
I miss our long talks about everything
I miss hearing about her day
I miss eating her muffins (especially the white chocolate raspberry ones)
I miss taking walks together and talking about exercising
I miss doing sewing projects and last minute gifts
I miss going on road trips together
I miss having her here to give a valentine to
I miss hanging out
I miss calling her on my cell phone at break time
I miss sharing my big ideas with her (even if they just get the air let out of them)
I miss trying new food together
I miss going shopping at Salvation Army

I really miss my sister

p.s. When she gets home I plan to take her to the new Culvers, talk about everything and take a nice long walk. Then we'll have a sleep over at a friend's house after a road trip and while we are there we will have a late, night, back scratching marathon.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a great Welcome Home planned. I'm sure Julie will be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaa??? A new Culvers?

    I miss you too! I miss doing everything together and hanging out and watching BBC movies and hearing your funny work stories and talking after rough days and going places in your pretty blue car, and... being with you,

    Can't wait to tour you around Choma and introduce you to my Zambian friends and eat nshima together and shop at Spar and stop at Wonderbake for a treat and go barter in the market and buy produce on the side of the street... and make some more great memories...

    and drift off to sleep together, talking about anything and everything and scratching each other's backs until we no longer need a back-scratch.

    for sure. I love you!

    ReplyDelete