Saturday, October 5, 2013

Harvest Party

Yesterday was one of those days when I was really thankful for a big family. We all worked together all day getting ready for our annual harvest party. I have some pictures of the preparations. Unfortunately, I set down my camera and my extrovert personality took over. So I have absolutely NO pictures during the actual party. The highlight for the evening was seeing so many of my friends! We haven't counted how many guests we had, but it was over 100.

Mom getting coolers ready for apple cider

Logan (grounds keeper) getting the lawn mowed

Dad did a LOT of sweeping

Mom's banner. The boys hung it up in the shop.

It took a lot of cleaning to get the place food worthy

Brian and Uncle Paul. They moved all the stuff and swept.

Libby taking a break with Jack

Mom chopping apples for apple fritters.

Amy was the doughnut lady!

Libby organizing the serving tables

Drinks and the hot dog table

The first guests were some of Amy's international students.
Just so you have an idea of why we needed so many people working together. I'll list some of our responsibilities.

Dad-cleaning barns, setting up chairs and tables, setting up cider press, hauling apples
Mom-food prep, decor prep, gathering Bibles to give away, everything else too!
Amy-dougnut/fritter fryer, decor, international student organizer
Betsy-wash apples (aprox 20bushels), general setup
Brian-clean shop, help with table and chair prep
Libby-cleaning, organizing, keeping things in order
Logan-hot dog pit, hayrides, table/chair prep, hauling apples, cleaning
Naomi-wash apples (aprox 20 bushels), decor, hauling 

Jack and Charlie (the dogs) were there too, but I don't think they really helped.


6 comments:

  1. I am not an extrovert, so you can understand how busy I was when I say that I have no pictures of the actual party either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think next year when you draw straws you should get the doughnut job and Amy should be the extrovert for the day....just to mix things up a bit.

    btw: It looks like Jack was in charge of break time entertainment.

    Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT, NO pictures of the actual party? I'm SO bummed that I wasn't there. I think having a deep fryer makes donut making a lot easier. It's okay, I'm over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Once again, what an event. This is a great post. Thanks.

    Btw- I lobe Libby's striped shirt.

    Sorry I wasn't there to help too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judith we were bummed you weren't here:( Then we would have had one more person to help with that list of responsibilities.
    Aunt Carolyn, I think that that might make for a small party with burned doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete