Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Today I leave

Today me and my bags leave for Africa to find my long lost sister! 



Those of you who know how I like to pack will not be surprised at what I fit into these bags. But just for fun I'll list a few things.

  • waffle maker
  • bags of un-poped popcorn
  • blueberry jelly
  • miscellaneous medical supplies including bandages, urinary catheter kits, and wound care items
  • blouses and a light wind-break jacket for Julie
  • peppermint candies
  • Reese's pieces
  • M&Ms
  • USB flash drives
  • dish clothes
  • set of mystery movies
  • Bible dictionary
  • Johnson lavender lotion 
  • Sharpies
  • Snyder waffles pretzels
  • five balls of yarn (that is my plane project)
  • cleaning gloves
  • spoons and spatulas
  • chamomile, mint and fruit teas
  • sewing pins and seam rippers
  • balls for the kids and a pump with needle
  • hot chocolate mix
  • Hershey's mini-chocolate bars
  • plastic stackable drinking cups
  • pan-insert steamer
  • gum
  • ballons
  • Uno
  • bandaids
  • hand sanitizer
  • British to US power adapters (5 for $3.99 I'm guessing there quality is a little low)
  • pretty smelly candles
  • ibuprofen
  • some more candy and chocolate!
  • a Christmas gift and wrapping paper (first time I've ever folded wrapping paper)
  • a few clothes for myself

If you think of it, please pray that we get there together. Or at least that I get there safely and the bags make it there before Christmas! I don't know how often I'll be able to post while I'm gone, but I'll do what I can.

3 comments:

  1. and a special surprise package from Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A waffle maker? really? I never would have guessed that one.
    Pump with needle....good call although I would have added an S to the needle.
    A surprise from Amy....does it have anything to do with Chocolate?
    Hope you have a WonderFul time. Will be praying for you and your bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Have you ever considered a career as a professional packer?

    ReplyDelete