Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas in Woodbridge

Some of my co-workers complained when they heard that our assigned Christmas tree was the short one with colored lights. I on the other hand, was pleased. Most everybody knows that I like color in my life. I felt blessed when God sent the tree with colored lights to Woodbridge (my neighborhood.)


Our tree was borrowed for a weekend to be in Santa pictures, but then it came back and spent the rest of the holiday with us.

Several weeks ago, I made play-dough, Kenda brought cookie cutters, and we had ornament-making-day. We poked holes with drinking straws and left the "cookies" out to dry. Several days later I cut yarn loops and the residents knotted them. Then we took the ornaments and they hung them on the tree. It was such fun. 

Only one resident neglected to follow my instructions, and ate the dough. She said it wasn't too bad, but I took it away from her before she had a chance to take another bite.


It was a wonderful Christmas tree. My residents all have dementia and by this time they have forgotten what it was like to make and decorate with our play-dough ornaments. But Woodbridge is like that. Sometimes it is best not to remember everything we've done.

3 comments:

  1. I like color lights as well. It looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe there is a recipe for edible playdough...maybe next time you should try that for your hungry residents :)

      Delete
    2. well I did make the homemade flour, salt, water recipe that Mom used to make for us, so it was ok that she ate it, but I'm sure it would have tasted bad.

      Delete