Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snowflakes

I tried a new pattern last week. And it worked!



Here are the snowflakes I crocheted.

 The pattern said "we used the traditional sugar/water starch." 
Good thing it went on to tell me what that was. 

Equal parts sugar and water. Heat but do not burn.

Water and starch.

Immerse the snowflake in water. 
Then dunk the flakes into the room temperature 
(it cooled nicely while I took my afternoon nap) starch. 


The wet mess is then pinned to paper and left to thoroughly dry. 
That was a good place to leave it for my three 12 hour days at work.


pinned to the ironing board

When I came back I was overjoyed to find my snowflakes a success.



Not easy, but quick to make and fun to give.


4 comments:

  1. Grandma would have loved these...we had some but I don't remember where they came from. Do you remember them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! wish I had these snowflakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There beautiful!!! Wish I could crochet that well:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember Grandma's snowflakes, but I know Mom has wanted me to make this kind of decor for a long time. It just has never really turned out before.

    ReplyDelete